Sunday, April 19, 2009

I love the big FL!

It's only taken me a couple weeks to figure out that i'm one of those people who starts a blog, then seriously neglects it. I'm not too surprised however, as it falls in line with just about everything else in my life that i'm supposed to have maintained or kept active. Among them include:
* the dog I had for one day because it tore my place apart and tried to get me evicted. It really was a cute little puppy, I just didn't think that both of us deserved to be homeless because he was hyperactive.
* every dating relationship i've ever had.
* every church i've attended and everything that goes along with that.
* plants that I (rarely) have obtained.
* my dreadlocks back in 2002.
So I came back from my vacation in Florida. I had a good time, it was very relaxing. I got to go see some of the kids back at my old Y, the staff there, had dinner with someone just about every night I was there, went to the beach, swam at the pool, saw grandma and uncle Jim (and a naked picture of some young woman named "Honey" out of Penthouse magazine 1983 by way of my uncle and his weird sense of humor), and got to go to Grace Church twice. It's funny how a picture of a beautiful woman naked just isn't appreciated the same way in the presence of your grandmother. I also got to spend several days with my dad. I actually thought about not coming back to TN, but then I reminded myself that all of my stuff was here. My books, computer, cd's, etc. You know, all the stuff that matters in life.
At this point I don't have much of an idea of anything that is going to happen in regards to my life after May 20th. Fingers crossed...I'm still looking for some sort of opportunity like working at a camp that serves homeless kids in an inner city, or living and working with refugees in Darfur, or something like that. That's all for now, until we meet again...
After you finish reading this:
VISIT the website www.secondharvest.org . It's great to know that there are people out there who haven't forgotten what "loving your neighbor" looks like in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment