Sunday, July 19, 2009

Never going back to o.k.


So, my summer in Florida is coming to an end. I've had a great time, really enjoyed seeing people down here and all. I will be heading back to Tennessee in a week. Even though I love it in FL, I'm actually not too sad to be going back. I know now that sometimes you just can't go back - life moves on (people have, so I know firsthand). I'm interested to see where my life goes from here, if anywhere...I'm planning on starting out on a few new adventures this coming year. I want to start a weeknight Bible study for people 20's/30's in my home. I'm hoping to get into coaching basketball again. I'm also going to try to tie myself down to one church and get more heavily involved there. And last, like I do every year at the end of summer, I am guaranteeing that I will be married by this time next year. I might also have 4 kids by then...definitely 3, maybe 4. Anways, here are some updates since I haven't been posting at all this summer...

Books I've Read:

The Shack - hated it.

Jesus Wants to Save Christians (Rob Bell) - pretty good; I got a lot out of this book.

The Hole in Our Gospel - i've read several books the past year about having a heart for those in poverty. For me this seemed to be just another cliche "love the poor" book. It probably would have been better it I hadn't read about 8 of the same kind in the last year.

Vintage Jesus (Mark Driscoll) - I enjoyed this book. It gives a great historical, political, religious, and cultural look at Jesus. Looks at Him from different angles, helps to understand more about Him and what He did while He was here.

BIG BROTHER:

I really don't like Ronnie, Russell, Natalie, and Chima. I think my favorite people on the show are Casey and Lydia; but it's still too early to tell. I absolutely despise Jessie. He's in love with his own body (or pretends to be, which is still annoying).

NBA:

I like the move the Celtics made to sign Rasheed Wallace. I think the Cavs will be the best team next year, adding Shaq and Anthony Parker and keeping their other key pieces in place was huge. The Lakers adding Artest was big too; but I think there's more chance of him and Kobe not getting along then there is of Shaq and Lebron.

More to come next week...see you in TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment